Open May 25 through October 28.
The Flicker is a solid log two double bed cabin with an open floor plan named after the Flicker woodpecker that frequents most of the United States.
The construction of the Flicker (as with the Aspen), dates back to the mid 1930s and the logs are also thought to have come from some of the out buildings (perhaps the barn) on the McCoy homestead. This cabin was the favorite of Craig Hinger’s Uncle Fred and Aunt Willie Hinger who were responsible for getting the rest of the Hinger clan started coming to Bruce Spruce Ranch back in the 1940s and at that time, the Flicker was only a one double cabin.
This cabin has a screened in porch with a wonderful view of the mountain we call BootJack.
All our cabins have electricity, refrigerator, freezer, gas oven with four burners, microwave, pots, pans, dishes and utensils, as well as a kitchen table with chairs. A pot bellied stove provides heat, with chopped wood easily available. Each cabin has a half bath with cold running water and a clean, centralized area for hot showers in individual stalls. There is also a central laundry facility that can be used for a small fee. Sheets and blankets are provided, but there are no kitchen or bath towels, so we recommend bringing your own.
- Two Double Bed Cabin $96.00 a night
- 7th night free
- Pets $10.00
- Horse $10.00
- Extra Person $10.00
- Cot $10.00
- Please note that all cabins are NON-SMOKING (cigarette or marijuana)
- 5% cash discount (includes checks and travelers checks)
- Taxes not included
- Reservations on all cabins require a deposit of 1/3 of total lodging cost or no less than 1 night’s rent to be paid when a reservation is made. Upon arrival, guest are responsible for the total payment of all reserved nights.
- Cancellations on summer cabins & RVs: If a cancellation is made at least 60 days before reservation, your deposit will be refunded less a $20 handling fee. For cancellations made less than 60 days before a reservation, the deposit will not be refunded.