Open May 25 through October 28.
The Wigwam is a two double bed cabin with an open floor plan and a queen pullout couch bed. It is the only cabin not named after an animal, tree or a land feature, and the reason is quite interesting. The Wigwam was built of solid log construction in the mid to late ’30s by very close friends of Judge Bruce’s, Jaunita and Henry Ketosh. The Ketosh’s were full blood Native Americans of the Crow Nation, and they lived in the Wigwam every summer for many years until their passing, thus the name Wigwam.
The special agreement the Ketosh’s had with their friends the Bruce’s was that they could live in their cabin until they no longer needed it, or they passed on, and at that time, it would return to the Bruce’s to be used as a rental cabin. It should be noted that Jaunita Ketosh was a much respected educator who held her masters degree in education and taught on both the high school and college levels.
All our cabins have electricity, refrigerator, freezer, gas oven with four burners, microwave, pots, pans, dishes and utensils, as well as a kitchen table with chairs. A pot bellied stove provides heat, with chopped wood easily available. Each cabin has a half bath with cold running water and a clean, centralized area for hot showers in individual stalls. There is also a central laundry facility that can be used for a small fee. Sheets and blankets are provided, but there are no kitchen or bath towels, so we recommend bringing your own.
- Two Double Bed Cabin $96.00 a night
- 7th night free
- Pets $10.00
- Horse $10.00
- Extra Person $10.00
- Twin/Roll-Away Bed $10.00
- Please note that all cabins are NON-SMOKING (cigarette or marijuana)
- 5% cash discount (includes checks and travelers checks)
- Taxes not included
- Reservations on all cabins require a deposit of 1/3 of total lodging cost or no less than 1 night’s rent to be paid when a reservation is made. Upon arrival, guest are responsible for the total payment of all reserved nights.
- Cancellations on summer cabins & RVs: If a cancellation is made at least 60 days before reservation, your deposit will be refunded less a $20 handling fee. For cancellations made less than 60 days before a reservation, the deposit will not be refunded.
This poem is the inspiration of an Indian that spent fourteen summers in the Wigwam Cabin.
Bruce Spruce Vale
Around about me loom the mountains
Their summits craggy and covered with snow.
The grass and flowers from a colorful carpet
That covers this deer vale of ours.
As I gaze on this scene of rare beauty,
A golden sun shines from above
Then it sinks in the west, and the twilight
Is filled with soft whispers of love.
And a moon that has looked pale and silent
While the Sun God was having full sway,
Grows bright and shines down on this vale,
With a light that is almost like day.
For the magic of moonlight and starlight,
For the magic of beauty so rare.
Make a dreamer of me for the moment:
And I banish all worry and care.