Open May 25 through October 28.
The Steller is named after the Steller Jay, the dark blue jay that will borrow your food from your picnic table if left unattended. The Steller is the largest of our two double bed cabins and is the youngster of all the cabins.
This cabin was built by Craig, Rusty, and Chris Hinger and our good friend Dwayne Ledbetter (who by the way is a builder from Ft. Collins). From start to finish we had guests walking in the front door thirty days after its start-up. It is a slab sided structure with all the slab being peeled with a drawknife by hand by Craig.
The Steller was a replacement cabin for the previous cabin on that site called the Wee Hut. The Wee Hut was a small very rustic cabin that at one time sat in the center of the current circle of cabins and was a café. It served as a café long before any of the other cabins existed. The Wee Hut’s replacement was precipitated by trees falling on it and rendering it unusable.
All our cabins have electricity, refrigerator, freezer, gas oven with four burners, microwave, pots, pans, dishes and utensils, as well as a kitchen table with chairs. A pot bellied stove provides heat, with chopped wood easily available. Each cabin has a half bath with cold running water and a clean, centralized area for hot showers in individual stalls. There is also a central laundry facility that can be used for a small fee. Sheets and blankets are provided, but there are no kitchen or bath towels, so we recommend bringing your own.
- Two Double Bed Cabin $96.00 a night
- 7th night free
- Pets $10.00
- Horse $10.00
- Extra Person $10.00
- Twin/Roll-Away Bed $10.00
- Please note that all cabins are NON-SMOKING (cigarette or marijuana)
- 5% cash discount (includes checks and travelers checks)
- Taxes Not Included
- Reservations on all cabins require a deposit of 1/3 of total lodging cost or no less than 1 night’s rent to be paid when a reservation is made. Upon arrival, guest are responsible for the total payment of all reserved nights.
- Cancellations on summer cabins & RVs: If a cancellation is made at least 60 days before reservation, your deposit will be refunded less a $20 handling fee. For cancellations made less than 60 days before a reservation, the deposit will not be refunded.