Pagosa Springs is a small mountain town in SouthWest Colorado. It is a gorgeous area covered in pine trees, mountains, lakes, rivers and wildlife.
We have an altitude of 8100′ at Bruce Spruce Ranch, Pagosa Springs, CO. When you come from a low altitude to a higher altitude there are a few things to keep in mind that might make your trip a little more enjoyable and help prevent altitude sickness.
- Drink 3-4 quarts of water a day
- Avoid overexertion, caffeine and alcohol for the first couple of days
- Take a day to acclimate before venturing to higher elevation destinations
- Eat a fresh pear with the skin on it once a day
- Seek medical attention if you have a persistent headache, fatigue, poor coordination or if shortness of breath occurs.